During social distancing, seeing family and friends can be a challenge, especially if you have big news to share with them like you’re engaged. An important announcement like this might be something that you would like to announce in-person to your loved ones, but can’t because of COVID-19. Here are a few ideas on how to announce your engagement safely!
- Video chatting with family and friends before posting on social media. Video chatting can be more intimate than a regular phone call because you can see your loved ones’ facial expressions as you tell them the good news. Their faces will light up with joy as you all now have something wonderful to look forward to in the future.
- Gathering family and friends in person at a safe distance. If you really want your announcement to be in person, one idea is meeting all of your family and friends in an empty parking lot. Everyone stays in their car, but parks close enough to hear each other, yet far enough to stay at least 6 feet apart. This way you can announce your engagement in a safe way while keeping social distancing measures!
- Filming a creative video or going live. If you would like to speak to a wider audience (say…everyone on your social media) one way you could announce your engagement through a fun and cute video or by going live. This is a pleasant break in everyone’s day that will leave them smiling. By going live on Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok you can announce to everyone watching at the same time. If you film a video ahead of time you can be more creative with it by including edits, filters, or whatever else makes this method special to you. You can spark some creativity by taking a trend on TikTok and spinning it to make it your own.
- At home photoshoot. You and your new fiancé can take photos at home using your phones with a self-timer. Although these may not look professionally done, it can still be a fun and creative way for you to announce your new engagement to your family and loved ones.
- A handwritten letter. Handwriting a letter and sending it through the mail may seem a little old-school, but it can be so special and meaningful to the ones you are sending it to! You can even add a photo from your at-home photoshoot you and your fiancé did to make the letter even more personalized!
Announcing your engagement can be fun and bring so much joy to you and your loved ones. Your wedding will also be fun and bring joy to you and your loved ones. You will be able to make so many memories with them in person.
Speaking of making memories, if you want an elite wedding photography and videography team who is dedicated to capturing your wedding in a way that you will enjoy and reminisce over for years to come, then contact us ASAP! We are booking top coveted dates in 2021 and 2022!